Driving to Davis
UC Davis is directly off Interstate 80 and is a short distance south of Interstate 5, via Highway 113. Davis is only 11 miles from downtown Sacramento and is a short distance from most Northern California cities.
- San Francisco to UC Davis is 70 miles
- Palo Alto to UC Davis is 100 miles
- San Jose to UC Davis is 103 miles
- Oakland to UC Davis is 65 miles
- Napa to UC Davis is 45 miles
See our Directions page for maps and directions.
Flights to Davis
If you are traveling by airplane, you have the option to fly into one of the following major metropolitan airports:
- Sacramento International Airport - Located in Sacramento, approximately 20 minutes by car from Davis. This is the closest of the three major international airports to Davis.
- Oakland International Airport - Located in Oakland, approximately one hour by car from Davis.
- San Francisco International Airport - Located just south of San Francisco, approximately 1 1/2 hours by car from Davis.
Frequent Direct Flights
Southern California and many West Coast cities are available daily to Sacramento International Airport, with an approximate air travel time of 1 to 1 1/2 hours in length. These cities include Los Angeles, Burbank, Orange County, Ontario, and San Diego.
Ground Transportation from Airports
The Davis Airporter provides transportation from the Sacramento International Airport and the San Francisco International Airport to Davis.
Super Shuttle provides transportation from the Sacramento International Airport and the San Francisco International Airport to Davis.
Davis Bus Systems
Unitrans is a student-run bus system that provides transportation throughout the city of Davis. Bus fare is free for registered students and $1 for non-students.
This bus system provides transportation throughout Yolo County, including service to the Sacramento Airport, downtown Sacramento, Woodland and Davis.
Lodging and Restaurants
Davis has many lodging and restaurant options! There is a Hyatt Place Hotel directly on campus, within easy walking distance of the School of Law.
Please visit the website of the Yolo County Convention and Visitors Bureau for additional information on places to eat and stay.