UC Davis School of Law is approved by the American Bar Association (Council of the ABA Section of Legal Education and Admissions to the Bar of the American Bar Association, 321 North Clark Street, Chicago, IL 60654, 312-988-6738).
Total Student Body 2021-2022
- Total JD Enrollment: 668
- Women Enrolled: 62%
- Students of Color: 48%
- For more information on the first year class, please refer to the Admissions- Student Profile page on this website.
Areas of Concentration
- Business Law
- Criminal Law and Procedure
- Environmental and Natural Resources Law
- Health Care Law and Bioethics
- Human Rights and Social Justice Law
- Intellectual Property Law
- International Law
- Public Interest Law
- One-year, two-year Advanced and two-year Extended LL.M. Programs for International Students
- Certificates in Business Law, Criminal Law and Policy, Environmental Law, Immigration Law, Intellectual Property Law, Public Service Law, Pro Bono Program, and Tax Law
- Clinicals and externships in Civil Rights, Immigration Law, Administration of Criminal Justice, Employment Relations, Environmental Law, Family Protection, Federal and State Taxation, Judicial Internships, Legislative Process, and Public Interest Law
- Joint Degree Programs: JD/MBA, or JD/MA
- 3-year full-time day program leading to Juris Doctor degree
Please see our Rankings page.
- There are more than 8,800 living alumni.
- The first class graduated in 1969.
- UC Davis alumni are located throughout the United States and across the world. The majority are located in the San Francisco Bay Area, Los Angeles, San Diego, Sacramento, Oregon and Washington.
- UC Davis alumni are represented in all areas of the legal profession including law firms, federal, state and local governments, public service organizations, business and corporations, academia, and the judiciary.
- For more information about our Alumni, please visit the Alumni section of this web site.
- American Bar Association (ABA)
Office of the Managing Director,
Section of Legal Education and Admissions to the Bar
American Bar Association
321 N. Clark Street, 21st Floor
Chicago, IL 60654
- Association of American Law Schools (AALS)
1201 Connecticut Ave., N.W. Suite 800
Washington, D.C. 20036-2717
The School of Law complies with the university’s Non-Discrimination Statement, an excerpt of which follows:
The University of California, Davis, does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), physical or mental disability, age, medical condition (cancer related or genetic characteristics), ancestry, marital status, citizenship, sexual orientation, or service in the uniformed services (includes membership, application for membership, performance of service, application for service, or obligation for service in the uniformed services), status as a Vietnam-era veteran or special disabled veteran. As required by Title IX, the University of California, Davis, does not discriminate on the basis of sex in its educational programs, admissions, employment, or other activities.