Knobbe Martens is committed to promoting diversity in the IP bar and fostering a dynamic, diverse workplace. As part of that commitment, Knobbe Martens is proud to offer the 1L Diversity Scholarship Program, which is open to first-year students belonging to groups that have been historically underrepresented in the legal profession.
- Paid Summer associate position with Knobbe Martens during the summer of 2022
- Scholarship grants up to $15,000
- Be enrolled in good standing as a first-year law student at an ABA accredited law school in the J.D. class 20234.
- Demonstrate academic and professional achievements, as well as excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Contribute to enhancing diversity at the firm and in the legal community.
- Belong to a group that historically has been underrepresented in the legal profession.
- Be authorized to work in the United States.
- Have a technical/science degree for litigation or patent prosecution (preferred)
- Have a sincere interest in joining Knobbe Martens after graduation.
Summer Associate Program
- Recipients will be offered a paid summer associate 1L position for the summer of 2022.
- The Knobbe Martens Summer Associate Program runs from mid-May through July. Students will identify their office preference during the application process.
- Recipients must start with Knobbe Martens at the beginning of the summer program and stay for at least eight weeks.
- After completing the 1L Summer AssociateProgram, recipients will receive a grant of $7,500.
- Knobbe Martens may offer the recipient the opportunity to participate in the 2L Summer Associate Program.
- Knobbe Martens will award an additional $7,500 to those who receive and accept an associate offer with the firm after completing the 2L Summer Associate Program with Knobbe Martens.