Twin Cities Diversity in Practice
Application Period: December 1, 2018 through January 21, 2019
Deadline: January 21, 2019
For over a decade, the TCDIP 1L Rotation Clerkship has helped launch the careers of law students of color in the Twin Cities. We strengthen the legal talent pipeline with strategic partnerships between TCDIP Members from law firms and corporate legal departments. Over the course of a summer, 1L Rotation Clerks gain valuable insights by working within a law firm and corporate law department setting. Students work alongside attorneys, develop relationships and sharpen their legal skills.
Clerks also learn about the Twin Cities legal community by participating in mentoring and professional development programs organized by TCDIP. The 1L Rotation Clerkship is a great opportunity for TCDIP Members to collaborate, deepen relationships and create a more inclusive legal community.
Applications will be accepted by participating firms starting December 1, 2018. Application deadline is January 21, 2019 (students are encouraged to submit applications before winter break). Please take a look at our flyer for FAQs.
- Read the Frequently Asked Questions for more details about the program.
- Follow instructions for each firm you are interested in applying with below.
- In your cover letter, reference the ‘Twin Cities Diversity in Practice Summer Rotation Clerkship’ and explain the following:
- Why are you interested in the Twin Cities legal market?
- How will you contribute to inclusion and diversity efforts in the Twin Cities legal community?
- What do you hope to gain from a summer split between a law firm and corporate legal department?
- Apply starting December 1, 2018! Firms will begin considering applications as they are received. Deadline for applying is January 21, 2019. Students are encouraged to apply before winter break.
- Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Award: The amount of compensation will depend on each firm’s summer clerk program and will vary by firm.