Skip to content

Grade Information

Class Rank Information

Law School Intranet (click on the "Course Tools" tab then select "Graduation Checklist")

Faculty have 4 weeks from the date of their exam to turn in grades. Please be patient, some grades may be submitted shortly after the deadline and will post as soon as we receive them. Grades are submitted to the campus registrar's office on a regular basis and posted nightly. We recommend you check for new postings in the morning.

Check your grades on SISWEB. If no grades are posted on your record, the option won't be available yet. When at least one grade is posted for the semester, the fall semester option becomes available.

Bluebooks are available for review within 3 weeks after all grades are submitted. For more information concerning bluebooks see "Examination Bluebook Review" listed below.

View current list of posted grades 

Can I choose a non-graded option for my courses?

Students do not have an option to change the grading mode of a course from graded to non-graded (S/U). Students can choose a graded or non/graded option for Law 498 (Group Study), Law 499 (Independent Study), and Law 419 (Independent Writing Projects). Few courses are scheduled on a satisfactory/unsatisfactory basis.

Incomplete Grades

See Faculty Regulation 3.5 Incomplete Grade 

What is an Incomplete?

An incomplete grade reflects that you have not completed the work for a class by the end of a semester, and you were granted extra time by the professor and the dean of students to complete your work by a specified time. An incomplete can only be taken for a paper course. An incomplete notation will always appear on your transcript. Once your grade is submitted, a notation is made on your transcript that the incomplete was removed and the appropriate grade is inserted

How do I request an Incomplete?

Complete a "Petition for Incomplete ". Complete the form then have the form signed by the professor in who's class you are requesting an incomplete. Once the professor signs your form, bring it to the Registrar's Office for the dean's signature and processing.

How long do I have to complete an incomplete?

You need to discuss the deadline with your professor who can choose to establish a deadline for you or use the specifications in the Law School Regulations. Regulations allow up to one year for completion of the work. In other words, if you take an incomplete during the fall semester of one year, you normally have through the fall semester of the following year to complete the work. So, for instance, if you take an Incomplete in Fall 2010, you have through fall of 2011 to complete the work.

I've finished my work. How do I get a grade?

Once you've completed your paper, attach a "Complete a Removal of Incomplete Grade"  form to your paper with all your identifying information. Once your professor has read and graded your paper, this form will be used to assign a grade. Ask you professor to submit the grade to the Registrar's Office using this form. We'll get the final approval from the dean and submit the grade for posting to your transcript.

What happens if I don't meet the deadline?

If you and the professor has worked out a specific deadline and you don't believe you'll finish your paper within that time line, you must discuss this further with the professor to ask for an extension. It is at the professor's discretion to extend the deadline that you and the professor agreed on. If you are using the one-year deadline imposed by the Faculty Regulations, there is no recourse after the year is up. A grade of "F" is assigned if that deadline isn't met.