Law Library News
Posted Apr 2, 2018
Our latest Collection Highlights are on display in the glass case in the library lobby. We are featuring highlights from our collection in honor of National Poetry Month.
“National Poetry Month was inaugurated by the Academy of American Poets in 1996. Over the years, it has become the largest literary celebration in the world with schools, publishers, libraries, booksellers, and poets celebrating poetry’s vital place in our culture.”
The items on display are:
- A defence of ryme against a pamphlet entituled Obseruations in the art of English poesie, 1603 [by] Samuel Daniel. Observations in the art of English poesie, 1602 [by] Thomas Campion edited by G. B. Harrison - Stacks PE 1517 D3
- Langdell lyrics of 1938; being an anthology of verse perpetrated at the Harvard law school chiefly with reference to the course in future interests edited by W. Barton Leach - Stacks PN 6110 C7 L38
- Poems from Guantánamo: the detainees speak edited by Marc Falkoff - Stacks PJ 7694 E3 P63 2007
- Briefs by a barrister; occasional verses by Edward R. Johnes - Stacks PS 2134 J44
- The Wallace Stevens case: law and the practice of poetry by Thomas C. Grey - Stacks PS 3537 T4753 Z654 1991
- Justice and the law; an anthology of American legal poetry and verse by Percival E. Jackson - Stacks PS 595 L3 J3
- The Lawyer's alcove: poems by the lawyer, for the lawyer, and about the lawyer edited by Ina Russelle Warren - Stacks PR 1195 L37 L39 1990
Posted Mar 20, 2018
Our latest Collection Highlights are on display in the glass case in the library lobby. We are featuring highlights from our collection in honor of Women’s History Month.
"Women’s History Month honors and celebrates the struggles and achievements of American women throughout the history of the United States. American women have struggled throughout our history to gain rights not simply for themselves but for many other underrepresented and disenfranchised groups in America."
The items on display are:
- Daughter of the Empire State: the life of Judge Jane Bolin by Jacqueline A. McLeod - Stacks KF 373 B65 M38 2011
- A matter of simple justice: the untold story of Barbara Hackman Franklin and a few good women by Lee Stout - Stacks HQ 1236.5 U6 S76 2012
- The women's movement against sexual harassment by Carrie N. Baker - Stacks HQ 1237.5 U6 B35 2008
- The face that launched a thousand lawsuits: the American women who forged a right to privacy by Jessica Lake - Stacks KF 1263 M43 L34 2016
- Class action: the story of Lois Jenson and the landmark case that changed sexual harassment law by Clara Bingham & Laura Leedy Gansler - Stacks KF 228 J464 B56 2002
- Equal justice under law: an autobiography by Constance Baker Motley - Stacks KF 373 M68 A34 1998
- With liberty and justice for all: a life spent protecting the right to choose by Kate Michelman - Stacks HQ 764 M52 2005
Posted Feb 23, 2018
JustisOne is a full-text database, allows for searching the case law, statutory and regulatory law of the United Kingdom. One of many features include multiple document view and PDF’s (when available) of the original text. Date coverage varies greatly by resource, see the listing on the database page for details. Remote access is available to current UC Davis School of Law affiliates or from computers within the Law Library. Stop by the reference desk to learn more.