Skip to content
Top 10 Reasons to Choose UC Davis School of Law
- World-class reputation owing to a world-class faculty and a world-class student body. Great law schools are places where you learn from both your professors and your fellow students; UC Davis is just such a place.
- Access to numerous employers of every kind and every size in all locations; private law firms, federal, state and local government agencies, public interest organizations, and non-legal businesses alike greatly respect and value the UC Davis J.D.
- As indicated by our #1 ranking by U.S. News & World Report for public law schools that award the most financial aid, extraordinarily generous scholarship support and need-based financial aid to allow students to attend without undue financial hardship.
- Ability to participate in cutting-edge research and real-world lawyering. The faculty fully integrate students into their ambitious research and practice activities.
- An intellectually curious yet distinctively supportive community. Faculty, fellow students and staff, no matter how busy and engaged in professional achievement, are accessible, empathetic and committed to your education.
- A friendly, vibrant and diverse student body environment with more than 50 student groups. Award-winning student-run trial programs and appellate advocacy programs, and clinics and externship opportunities that are second to none.
- Proximity to leading institutions of law, government and business. UC Davis' location, an hour from the Bay Area and 15 minutes from California's state capital, makes it ideal to connect to centers of activity in law, policy and commerce.
- Graduates love the school, and love helping its students. Strong alumni networks in the Bay Area, Los Angeles, San Diego, Sacramento, as well as metropolitan areas throughout the nation and the world.
- An institutional commitment to social justice befitting the legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., for whom the law school building is named.
- Our striking new state-of-the-art facility. Reflecting the sense of true community and seriousness of purpose, the building is open to you 24 hours a day.