2.2 Presence at Examinations
- Students must be present for the final examination at its regularly scheduled time unless excused by the dean. Absent exceptional circumstances, the student must request and receive the excuse in advance of the scheduled examination. The dean may excuse a student from the regularly scheduled examination and permit the student to take an examination at another time if:
- The student has two regularly scheduled examinations on the same day and the student requests at least 10 days before the beginning of the examination period to have one of them rescheduled; or
- The dean concludes that the student is too ill to take the examination at the regularly scheduled time; or
- The dean concludes that an unforeseen, extraordinary circumstance, such as a death in the immediate family, would make it unduly burdensome for the student to take the examination at the regularly scheduled time.
- To reschedule an examination earlier than its regularly scheduled time, the dean must have the consent of the instructor. To reschedule an examination later than its regularly scheduled time, the dean must notify the instructor immediately of the delay and, at the earliest possible time, of the date and time at which the examination will be administered.