KHOP Winter Session
The KHOP Winter Session is designed to equip high-potential undergraduate students from underrepresented communities with the skills necessary to excel in the law school admissions process, while also introducing students to current law students, lawyers, and faculty members at UC Davis School of Law. The no-cost program consists of a series of full-day Saturday presentations and workshops throughout the winter and spring quarter/semester. During the program, participants prepare for the law school application process, gain insight into the law school experience, and receive exposure to a variety of legal fields.
KHOP Winter Session participants:
- Attend workshops on pre-law preparation and law school admissions
- Attend presentations and panels featuring UC Davis law school professors, alumni attorneys and law students
- Participate in individual pre-law advising with School of Law Admissions Staff to develop law school admission action plans
- Complete critiqued writing assignments concentrating on critical analysis and reasoning
2018 KHOP Winter Session Dates
The 2018 KHOP Winter Session dates will be announced later this fall.
The 2018 KHOP Winter Session application will be available on October 18, 2017.
Applicants must submit the following application documents:
- Completed KHOP Winter Session application
- Supporting documents detailed in the application packet
- At least one letter of recommendation with a signed letter of recommendation waiver form submitted directly by the recommender
Applicants to the KHOP Winter Session must satisfy the following criteria:
- Currently attend, or have recently transferred to, a four-year college with one or two years before graduation OR have graduated from a four-year institution within the past 12 months.
- Be considered a first-generation college student (no parent or legal guardian has a bachelor’s degree) OR come from an economically under-served community or background defined as having a household income less than or equal to 200% of the federal poverty guidelines.
- Have a cumulative GPA of 3.2 or higher as calculated on a 4.33 scale. Cumulative GPA includes grades received from your current college, prior and current community college(s) and any other college(s) you have attended.
- Intend to apply to law school, but are not currently in the process of applying for 2017 enrollment.
- Have not previously completed an outreach program at UC Davis School of Law. Prior applicants who meet the eligibility requirements are welcome to re-apply.
- Attend all KHOP Winter Session Saturday meetings.