Through the generosity of local donors, the Ventura County Community Foundation is able to partner with you to help you reach your career and educational goals. The application process for scholarships is highly competitive and there are many scholarship categories to choose from. Each year we have several thousand applicants and it is very important your application is completed in full to be considered eligible.
Regarding the new application program:
- Each applicant must create an account in VCCF' new application program. Your email address will be your user name, and you will set up a password when you sign in for the first time.
- Each applicant completes a multiple-choice questionnaire. Answers from the questionnaire will determine which opportunities are recommended.
- Each applicant must write a 300 - 500 word short essay telling the scholarship committee why they are a worthy candidate for VCCF scholarships and explaining how VCCF scholarships will help. Some scholarship opportunities require an additional essay in response to a specific prompt.
- Each applicant must submit 2 letters of recommendation (with at least one coming from a teacher at the school the applicant currently attends).
- All applicants will have to upload their most recent transcript.