2L law students who:
- Are enrolled full-time at an ABA-accredited law school
- Demonstrate a commitment to promoting diversity and contributing to the firm\'s diversity goals as a result of background, experience, personal attributes or characteristics
- Will not be the recipient of a diversity award from another law firm paid between January 1, 2019 and August 31, 2019
Recipients will be selected based on the following factors:
- Demonstrated commitment to promoting diversity and contributing to the firm\'s diversity goals
- Undergraduate and law school academic performance
- Personal achievement
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Community service
- Commitment to succeed as a lawyer in a large, private practice environment
- Personal statement
Recipients of the Paul Hastings Diversity Scholarship will receive a paid 2L summer associate position and a $10,000 scholarship to be distributed as follows: $5,000 will be awarded upon acceptance of an offer to join our summer program; $5,000 will be awarded upon acceptance of an offer to join the firm as a full-time associate.
Candidates must submit the following: (1) a cover letter, (2) a resume, (3) undergraduate and law school transcripts, and (4) a personal statement of 500 words or less addressing the following topics: (a) your commitment to a particular practice area and the city where the Paul Hastings office is located, and (b) how you would contribute to building a diverse work environment if you were to join Paul Hastings following graduation from law school. Please send your cover letter, resume, transcripts, and personal statement to firstname.lastname@example.org.