Keith Wetmore 1L Fellowship for Excellence, Diversity, and Inclusion
The Wetmore Fellowship is designed to help us hire exceptional law students who will contribute to the diversity of our firm and the legal profession overall, while providing the training, mentorship, and exposure necessary for their professional development and engagement. The Fellowship is just one of the many ways Morrison & Foerster actualizes its commitment to removing barriers and creating opportunities for talented individuals from the most underrepresented groups in the legal industry.
Please visit careers.mofo.com/apply/ and click on the “Summer Associate Openings" link to apply for the office for which you wish to be considered.
Candidates should apply to one location only. Recipients of the Wetmore 1L Fellowship will receive:
- A paid summer associate position in a MoFo U.S. office following your first year of law school.
- $25,000 fellowship award distributed in up to two installments contingent upon satisfactory completion of each summer program and acceptance of an offer to return as a 2L summer associate and/or at the acceptance of a full-time associate offer following law school graduation.
- A team of attorney mentors during the summer program, including a diversity mentor.
- Good standing as a firstyear law student at an ABAaccredited law school.
- Membership in a historically underrepresented group in the legal profession, including racial/ethnic minority groups and members of the LGBTQ+ community.
- Demonstrated record of academic achievement, excellent writing and interpersonal skills, leadership and community involvement • U.S. citizenship or authorization to work in the U.S.
- Ability to join MoFo as a summer associate for all of your 1L summer, and at least five weeks of your 2L summer.