Latham & Watkins\' 1L Diversity Scholars Program offers a unique opportunity to students who have just finished their first year of law school (class of 2024) at an ABA-accredited school. The 10-week program includes:
- In-depth legal training, mentoring, and real-world experience at one of Latham' US offices and a secondment to the legal department of one of our clients. 1L Diversity Scholars will work alongside other 2022 summer associates.
- An invitation to Latham' Diversity Leadership Academy, a multi-day program focused on developing and empowering the legal industry' future leaders.
- A variety of opportunities offered through the Leadership Council on Legal Diversity (LCLD) for 1L Scholars at LCLD Member organizations including:
- A dedicated LinkedIn group for discussions and advice sharing
- Virtual social hours to deepen relationships within small groups
- An invitation to the 1L LCLD Scholars Summit, a three-day professional development conference that focuses on leadership, relationship building, and career development strategies
- Priority pick for the 2L enrichment experience if graduating into the 2L Diversity Scholars program.
Your 1L Diversity Scholars Program application is also an application to attend Latham\'s Diversity Leadership Academy, which connects Latham lawyers from around the globe with talented first year law students to develop and empower future leaders of the legal profession. Candidates who are selected for the Diversity Leadership Academy will receive a separate invitation to attend.