News Posted on December 18, 2018
UC Davis Law professors to present at AALS annual conference in New Orleans
Several UC Davis Law scholars will present their work at the 2019 Association of American Law Schools (AALS) conference , which will be held Jan. 2-6 in New Orleans. King Hall’s professors will participate in a variety of ways at the conference, from speaking and moderating panels to sitting on executive committees for legal sections.
The following faculty members will be in attendance: Afra Afsharipour, Kelly Behre, Gabriel “Jack” Chin, Irene Joe, Kevin Johnson, Carlton Larson, Camille Pannu, Shayak Sarkar, Leticia Saucedo, Donna Shestowsky and Brian Soucek. Many will be presenting throughout the conference as follows.
Jan. 3, 2019
- ACS Public Law Junior Scholars Workshop, 1-2:30 p.m. Shayak Sarkar (presenter)
Jan. 4, 2019
- AALS Minority Section Reception, UC Davis Law co-sponsor, 4-6 p.m., at the Palace Cafe
Jan. 5, 2019:
- Financial Regulation Works in Progress, between 12:30-5:30 p.m. Shayak Sarkar (presenter)
Jan. 6, 2019:
Faculty serving on committees:
- Afra Afsharipour, outgoing Chair and Executive Committee, Section on Law and South Asian Studies. Executive Committees, Section on Business Associations and Section on Comparative Law.
- Jasmine Harris, Executive Committee, Section on Law and Mental Disability and Secretary, Section on Evidence.
- Kevin Johnson, Executive Committee, Section on Civil Rights
- Carlton Larson, Executive Committees, Section on Legal History and Section on Law and the Humanities
- Donna Shestowsky, Executive Committee, Alternative Dispute Resolution Section named 2019 Section of the Year
- Brian Soucek, Treasurer, Section on Law and the Humanities