Connect with UC Davis School of Law International Programs:
Master of Laws (LL.M.) Program Information
Welcome to the UC Davis School of Law!
The School of Law at UC Davis is one of the world's leading law schools. We are proud of our history of outstanding scholarship, teaching and real-world impact. Faculty, fellow students and staff are accessible, engaged and committed to your education, and our alumni form a strong, lifelong global network.
The UC Davis LL.M. program integrates American and international law students at all levels of study and provides LL.M. candidates with a broad curriculum of many different courses over ten months of study. Through the LL.M. program, international law graduates are able to gain a basic knowledge of the U.S. legal system and also have the opportunity to develop special expertise in a particular area of law. Come to King Hall for our:
- General - Customized LL.M.: Working with the program director, you will tailor your curriculum to either gain a basic knowledge of the U.S. legal system, or to focus on any area of legal scholarship supported by King Hall's world-class curricula. The General LL.M. is designed to fit each student's needs, including preparation for a bar exam.
- LL.M. with a Pre-Planned Specialized Area of Study: Select a specific area of focus based on the School of Law curriculum. Our law school curriculum offers many areas of focus. Common selections include business law, private or public international law, criminal law and procedure, intellectual property, human rights and social justice law, public interest law, environmental and natural resources law, health law and bioethics and many others in our School of Law curriculum.
- Two-Year Advanced LL.M.: For some students, a longer period of study is vital to meeting educational and career goals. For more information about our two-year Advanced LL.M. Program, please contact our LL.M. Admissions Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Spring Start LL.M. Option: For some students, starting the LL.M. program in spring semester is vital to meeting educational and career goals. For more information about our Spring Start LL.M. option, please contact our LL.M. Admissions Office at email@example.com.
- Bar Preparation: The UC Davis School of Law also provides excellent preparation to participants who choose to take a Bar examination.
All LL.M. students are invited to take advantage of our pre-LL.M. programs. Learn US academic preparation skills, fundamentals of the US legal system, improve your English, and prepare for your LL.M.
Join other pre-LL.M. students as well as international lawyers, judges, prosecutors, public defenders, law professors and business professionals as you gain a better understanding of the theories and practices of the U.S. legal system while enriching the program with diverse legal perspectives from your own legal system. Complete more than 170 hours of classes, seminars, special pre-LL.M. workshops, and on-site observations. Social events and field trips build strong and lasting global friendships.
Designed for practicing lawyers and law students, this program provides focused practice in learning legal terminology in English. This is an outstanding preliminary course for those continuing on to the Orientation in U.S.A. Law program.
This video explores the many ways UC Davis School of Law offers a top-tier legal education and outstanding student experience, from its renowned faculty to its unparalleled atmosphere of support and collaboration.