Study Aids Available Through the Law Library
The library offers a digital collection of study materials that you can access from your laptop, tablet or phone. Find the links below or select the "Study Aids" button on the library's main webpage.
West Academic Study Aids Library
- Gilbert Law Summaries -These course outlines include black letter law, capsule summaries, and correlation charts to match pages to relevant casebooks. Titles include Civil Procedure, Contracts, and Criminal Law.
- Audio lectures -Both Sum & Substance Audio Lectures and the Law School Legends series offer lectures by noted law school professors in substantive course subjects.Many students like to listen to audio lectures while commuting.
- High Court Case Summaries -This series contains briefs for major cases in the corresponding textbook.
- Nutshell series -Nutshells encapsulate law school subjects in a concise, readable format.
- Acing series - These guides use a checklist format to help students learn how to evaluate legal questions.
- Exam Pro -This series includes sample exams, both interactive multiple-choice and essay questions.
Access from your device. Download the app to view West Study Aids on your mobile device.
LexisNexis Digital Library
- Understanding series - Concise treatises on substantive law school topics. Titles include Understanding Contracts, Understanding Civil Procedure, and Understanding Criminal Law.
- Questions & Answers series - Sample multiple-choice and short-answer exam questions with detailed example answers.
How to Succeed in Law School
These titles offer strategies for navigating law school: