Exam Preparation Resources Available Through the Law Library
The library offers a digital collection of exam prep and study materials which law students can access from computers or mobile devices. You can link to materials in the library's Study Aids Guide or the "Study Aids" icon on the library website.
If you have difficulty accessing any of the materials or need assistance choosing the right resource, contact a reference librarian at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Some of the available study materials include the following:
West Study Aids
- Exam Pro - Now with interactive multiple-choice questions. This series includes sample exams, both multiple-choice and essay, and model answers. To access interactive practice questions, sign in or set up an account with your UC Davis email address, then click "Take Quiz" on the right side of the page.
- Gilbert Law Summaries - Course outlines, featuring practice multiple-choice, true-false, and essay questions.
- Acing series - Synthesizes course material and uses a checklist format to lead students through questions they need to ask to fully evaluate the legal problem they are trying to solve.
- Audio lectures - 1-hour lectures by noted law school professors.
- High Court Case Summaries - Briefs for major cases.
- Nutshells - Law school subjects in a readable format.
Access from your device - Download the app to view West Study Aids on your mobile device.
LexisNexis Digital Library
- Understanding Series - Concise and authoritative treatises on law subjects.
- Questions & Answers Series - Multiple choice and short-answer questions arranged topically, plus comprehensive "practice exams."
Computer Assisted Legal Instruction (CALI) provides tutorials on course topics. Many of the tutorials contain vignettes, multiple-choice questions, model questions/answers, etc. Stop by the reference desk or email email@example.com for an access code.
Check if your professor has uploaded previous exams to the intranet. Looking at past exams is often a great way to get an idea of what your exam may look like.