Work-study is available for paid employment. The employer must be a non-profit organization or a government agency, and the work performed must be in the public interest.
The federal work-study program is a matching funds program, which means your employer must be able to pay a percentage of your total earnings, currently set at 50% of total earnings in 2016-2017.
Summer work-study allotments are part of your academic year financial aid awards (spring and fall 2017) and will decrease the amount of financial aid loans available to you during the academic year.
Things To Do:
- File the 2016-2017 and 2017-2018 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by March 2.
- Obtain the Summer Work-Study application and submit to the Financial Aid Office by April 28, 2017.
Study Away At Another Law School
Contact the Law Registrar and obtain approval of the Senior Assistant Dean for Student Affairs to participate in and receive financial aid for a study away program. The summer term follows the 2016-2017 academic year.
Private, credit-based loan is available. View the UC Lender List for Alternative Loans
Direct Graduate Plus loan is available, if you did not borrow the entire loan you were offered during the academic-year.
Financial Aid is not available for summer courses taken at UC Davis or Study Abroad programs coordinated by other law schools.
Things To Do:
- File the 2016-2017 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by March 2.
- Obtain permission to study at another ABA approved law school using the Dean's Approval for Outside Units.
- Obtain a Visiting Student Agreement (VSA). The host school will use this form to report the Cost of Attendance and should return the VSA to the UC Davis Law Financial Aid Office by May 8, 2017.
- Sign up for Direct Deposit. Loan funds direct deposit to the student account. It is the student's responsibility to pay fees to the host school.
If you did not borrow the entire amount of your 2016-2017 Direct Unsubsidized or Graduate Plus loans, you may use the funds for summer expenses. Check your award letter at financialaid.ucdavis.edu/MyAwards. You must apply for these funds by April 28, 2017.