Vinson And Elkins Diversity Fellowships
Deadline: Through January 11, 2019 for 1L application and Summer of 2019 for 2L application
Since 2007, Vinson & Elkins has awarded a number of the brightest law students from the nation’s top law schools with Diversity Fellowships each year. Each 1L Fellow receives $10,000, and each 2L Fellow receives $25,000; along with a summer clerkship in one of our U.S. offices (Austin, Dallas, Houston, New York, Richmond, San Francisco, or Washington, DC). Since the program launched, V&E has awarded nearly 40 Fellowships, and several former Fellows have joined V&E to practice law. Applications should be submitted online at the links below.
Fellowship Eligibility Requirements
- To be eligible for a Vinson & Elkins Diversity Fellowship, law students must attend and be in good standing at an American Bar Association accredited law school.
- Eligible students must be an LGBTQ individual or a member of a racial/ethnic group which has been historically underrepresented in the legal profession (i.e., Asian (including South Asian), American Indian/Alaskan Native, Black/African American, Hispanic/Latino/a, Multiracial, or Native Hawaiian or other Pacific Islander)
- Have a strong undergraduate and law school record
- Possess excellent writing skills
- Demonstrate interest in working at Vinson & Elkins and commit to joining V&E as a Summer Associate.
Award: Each 1L Fellow receives $10,000, and each 2L Fellow receives $25,000; along with a summer clerkship in one of our U.S. offices