Posted By Career Services Staff, May 24, 2016
CELA Diversity Leadership Summits
Each year our committee organizes a Leadership Summit paid for by a grant from the State Bar. The event is targeted specifically to law students and new lawyers. This free summit includes a networking lunch.
The Southern California Keynote Lunch Speaker: Genie Harrison from Genie Harrison Law Firm. Panels include "Finding Your Professional Style in the Face of Stereotypes" and "Increasing Your Leadership And Visibility Throughout Your Career".
Wednesday, May 25, 2016
9:00am - 1:30pm
Loyola Law School
Los Angeles, CA
RSVP by May 18 to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Northern California Keynote Lunch Speaker: Judge Angela Bradstreet, San Francisco Superior Court.
Wednesday, June 15, 2016
9:30 AM to 2:45 PM
UC Hastings College of the Law
200 McAllister Street, San Francisco 94102
Alumni Reception Center
For further details please see the CELA Diversity Leadership Summit Flyers in your Symplicity Resources/Document Library.
To view Career News for May 24, 2016 click here .
Posted By Career Services Staff, May 17, 2016
Summer Mock Interview Program - Class of 2018
In order to help you prepare for fall on campus interviews and securing your second-summer job, the Career Services Office will work with alumni to develop a Mock Interview Program for the summer. We will match participating students with alumni attorneys by geographic location, legal areas of interest, and sector (private, government, public sector). Once matched through our office, the student and attorney will be able to set up a time at their convenience for a mock interview session over the summer. If you are interested in participating, please respond to Career Services by May 23rd with the following information:
1) Geographic area in which you are located this summer;
2) Your legal practice areas of interest;
3) The sector you are interested in working (private, government, public interest). Please be as specific as possible (i.e. Transactional Attorney, Commercial Litigator, District Attorney, Public Defender); and
4) Send an updated copy of your resume in PDF format.
Career Services will also record an Interview Boot Camp information session and provide you with access prior to your on campus interviews. During the session, Career Services will go over important interview tips and strategies and walk you through the entire on campus interview process to prepare you for upcoming interviews. We strongly recommend that you watch the video recording before your interviews. More information regarding this recording will be sent via email to the class listserv over the summer.
To view Career News for May 17, 2016 click here .
Posted By Career Services Staff, May 12, 2016
ABA Section of Litigation FREE Law Student Membership
The ABA Section of Litigation's is providing FREE law student membership. With membership, law students will receive:
- Access to the Business Development webpage featuring videos and articles to help law students network, build a resume, and get a job;
- Subscriptions to the award-winning Litigation Journal and Monthly Litigation News electronically;
- Opportunities to network and learn more about practice areas you are interested in through over 35 committees;
- Discounts on 1-day Regional Meeting Workshops where law students can learn and network locally.
Law students can join today by completing this form.
To view Career News for May 10, 2016, click here .