This course introduces you to the basics of Patent Litigation and examines the U.S. patent enforcement system. We will examine the legal and practical considerations faced by patentees in deciding when and where to file a patent infringement lawsuit. You will learn how a patent litigation proceeds, focusing on both pre- and post-trial proceedings. The course examines substantive patent laws, and it also examines how those laws come into play during the course of a patent litigation.
Final Assessment: Exam
Spring 2018: Class taught on accelerated, non-traditional schedule. Please see meeting times below:
- January 16 (Tuesday) 3:10PM - 5:40PM
- January 23 (Tuesday) 3:10PM - 5:40PM
- February 10 (Saturday) 10:00AM - 1:00PM
- February 27 (Tuesday) 3:10PM - 5:10PM
- March 27 (Tuesday) 3:10PM - 5:10PM