Skip to content

3.6 Grade Changes

All grades except Incomplete or In Progress are final when filed by the instructor.  The petition of a student seeking to have a grade changed shall be referred to an ad hoc committee of the faculty for decision without appeal. A grade may be changed only for the correction of a clerical or procedural error. No change of grade may be made on the basis of reassessment of the quality of a student's work or, with the exception of Incomplete or In Progress grades, the completion of additional work. No term grade except Incomplete may be revised by reexamination. The ad hoc committee shall be comprised of three faculty members, selected by random drawing from the voting faculty (excluding the instructor involved). After hearing the matter and making its determination, the ad hoc committee shall report its action to the faculty and shall thereupon be discharged.