At Keker, Van Nest & Peters LLP, a San Francisco litigation boutique, we know that supporting and developing diverse attorneys benefits the entire legal community. As part of our commitment to enhance that diversity, we invite qualified candidates to apply to our annual diversity scholars program. In recent years, we’ve awarded nearly $300,000 in scholarship money to numerous recipients, who represent a range of diversity.
- Up to $75,000 total in scholarship grants may be awarded, split among up to four scholars
- The exact amount and number of scholarships depends on the number, qualifications and financial needs of applicants
- In addition to a financial award, scholars will be provided academic and professional mentoring by an associate from the firm and will be invited to participate in firm events including continuing education courses, speakers series, and other professional development opportunities
- Scholars will be considered for a 2L summer associate position
- First-year law students
- Interest in practicing litigation in the Bay Area
- Diverse backgrounds/experiences including disability, race, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, or upbringing
- A combination of academic success, financial need, and demonstrated commitment to the enhancement of diversity in the Bay Area legal community.
- Feb. 12, 2021: Deadline for submitting application
- March 8, 2021: Finalists notified
- April 10, 2021: Finalists interviewed via video conference
- Mid-April 2021: Award Recipients notified