Established in 2006, the Charlotte Legal Diversity Clerkship (CLDC) program operates with one basic goal—to improve diversity in the Mecklenburg County Bar by attracting top first-year law students with diverse backgrounds to Charlotte through corporate and law firm summer internships.
- Diverse Background
- Strong Academic Performance
- First-year law school student expected to graduate Spring 2023.
- Cover Letter
- A writing sample from first-year of law school.
- Copy of college and first semester law school transcripts (unofficial copies are acceptable).
- A brief statement (1-2 pages) explaining how the applicant would contribute to creating a more diverse legal community in Charlotte, and why the applicant would like to practice law in Charlotte.