REGISTER for event
On behalf of UC Davis School of Law, Dean Kevin R. Johnson cordially invites you and your guests to attend the 2021 Swearing-In Ceremony.
Delivering the California State Oath:
Judge Renee Reyna, '06
Judge, San Mateo County Superior Court
Delivering the Federal Oath:
Judge Troy Nunley
Judge of the United States District Court for the Eastern District of California
Reception to follow
Participants returning to take the oath:
Please make sure to enter the East Entrance of King Hall (side that faces the egg head) by no later than 5:30 p.m. Ceremony will start promptly at 6:00 p.m. You must be physically present at that time.
All family members and guests will need to enter through the North Entrance of the building next to Peet's Coffee to check-in. Family and guest attendees will be directed to the waiting area (Rm. 1301). Staff members will notify them when the doors to Rm. 1001 have opened for seating.
*** Please bring your California State Bar card to be signed. Extra cards will not be available. Graduates will need to follow the steps below to receive their oath cards.
- Detailed instructions are here: https://www.calbar.ca.gov/Portals/0/documents/admissions/Examinations/Oath-Card-Instructions.pdf
- You will receive an e-mail from the bar via DocuSign with a virtual oath card.
- Fill out the Attorney Registration section of the card, including the signature and date sections. The date must be the date of oath ceremony.
- After completing the Attorney Registration section, click “Finish”.
- After selecting finish, you will receive a second e-mail from DocuSign with the other part of the oath card for the judge to sign.
- Open the oath card by clicking “Review Document”. Then, click “Other Actions>Print & Sign”. You can then download and print the oath card and bring it to the swearing in ceremony on December 16 for the judge to sign.
- After the ceremony on December 16, you can scan the oath card and e-mail it directly to email@example.com.
For questions or information, call 530.754.5335 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Diplomas will be available before the ceremony at the check-in table from 5:00 - 6:00 p.m.
Please make sure you have registered in the Alumni Directory and your contact information is up to date so that you receive the latest news and event invitations from King Hall.
** In-person event is only open to UC Davis Law students, faculty, staff, and invited guests from the public. COVID-19 Daily Symptom Survey and face covering will be required to attend. More about events guidelines. If you plan to attend in-person as an outside guest, you will be required to show proof of a negative test or show your vaccination card. Acceptable formats include the original paper card, a photo of the original paper card, or a digital record of vaccination.