Law Library Notices & Deadlines
Exam Preparation Materials Available Through the Law Library
Posted Apr 22, 2020
The library offers a digital collection of exam prep and study materials that law students can access from computers or mobile devices. Find links to materials in the library’s Exam Preparation guide.
If you have difficulty accessing any of the materials or need assistance choosing the right resource, contact a reference librarian at email@example.com.
Some of the available study materials include:
West Study Aids
- Exam Pro - Now with interactive multiple-choice questions. This series includes sample exams, both multiple-choice and essay. To access interactive practice questions, sign in or set up an account with your UC Davis email address, then click “Take Quiz” on the right side of the page.
- Gilbert Law Summaries - Course outlines, featuring practice multiple-choice, true-false, and essay questions
- Audio lectures - 1-hour lectures by noted law school professors
- High Court Case Summaries - Briefs for major cases
- Nutshells - Law school subjects in a readable format
- Access from your device - Download the app to view West Study Aids on your mobile device.
LexisNexis Digital Library
The library now offers access to the LexisNexis Digital Library. This collection includes a library of exam preparation materials such as:
- Understanding series - Concise and authoritative treatises on law subjects
- Mastering Skills series - Essential elements of legal subjects in a condensed format
- Question and Answer series - Multiple choice and short-answer questions arranged topically, plus comprehensive "practice exams"
Check if your professor has uploaded previous exams to the intranet. Looking at past exams is often a great way to get an idea of what your exam may look like.