Law Library Notices & Deadlines
The Law Library will Celebrate Library Week March 9-13
Posted Mar 5, 2020
Celebrate library week with the Mabie Law Library March 9-13! This weeklong event features research demos, fresh popcorn, and giveaways. All activities take place in the library lobby.
Daily contests: Enter daily trivia contests to win a prize basket packed with goodies. Winners drawing at 4:30 p.m. each day. Winner need not be present to win.
Monday, March 9, 11:30-1:30 – Study Aids & Exam Prep Day: Come see how study aids and exam prep e-Books available through the library can help you succeed in law school. LexisNexis reps will show you how to view titles on your laptop or device. New titles available digitally include:
- The Understanding Series – over 50 student treatises on a variety of topics, designed to be used in conjunction with law school casebooks
- Questions & Answers – multiple choice and short-answer questions with answers arranged topically, as well as comprehensive practice exams
Tuesday, March 10, 11:30-1:30 – Lexis Day: Sharpen your legal research skills with Lexis! Learn how to find transactional and litigation forms and how to use other Lexis features. Reps will also be handing out Lexis swag.
Wednesday, March 11, 11:30-1:30 – Westlaw Day: Stop by the library lobby to learn effective research skills on Westlaw that will help you be successful at your summer job/post-grad. Reps will give away swag and demonstrate how to use Westlaw’s form finder and other practice tools.
Thursday, March 12, 11:30-12:30 – Bloomberg Law, CEB & HeinOnline Day: Watch three short demonstrations and earn an ice cream and free giveaways! Learn:
- What a docket is and how to find pleadings filed in specific cases (Bloomberg Law)
- Where to find forms & practice guides for California law questions (CEB)
- How to start your research paper (HeinOnline)
Popcorn: Fresh popcorn will be available Tuesday to Thursday from 11:30-1:30.