Law Library Notices & Deadlines
Collection Highlights – LGBT History Month
Posted Oct 17, 2017
Our latest Collection Highlights are on display in the glass case in the library lobby. We are featuring highlights from our collection in honor of LGBT History Month.
LGBT History Month recognizes the “important roles LGBT people have taken in creating the social, legal and political worlds we live in today” (glaad.org/blog/celebrate-lgbt-history-month).
The items on display are:
- Judging the Boy Scouts of America: gay rights, freedom of association, and the Dale case by Richard J. Ellis - Stacks KF 229 D35 E45 2014
- From the closet to the courtroom: five LGBT rights lawsuits that have changed our nation by Carlos A. Ball - Stacks KF 4754.5 A53 B35 2010
- Love on trial: our Supreme Court fight for the right to marry by Kris Perry and Sandy Stier - Stacks KF 229 H654 P47 2017
- Then comes marriage: United States v. Windsor and the defeat of DOMA by Roberta Kaplan with Lisa Dickey - Stacks KF 229 W56 K37 2015
- Beyond marriage: continuing battles for LGBT rights by Susan Gluck Mezey - Stacks KF 4754.5 M478 2017
- Queer mobilizations: LGBT activists confront the law edited by Scott Barclay et al. - Stacks KF 4754.5 Q44 2009
- Speaking for our lives: historic speeches and rhetoric for gay and lesbian rights (1892-2000) edited by Robert B. Ridinger - Stacks HQ 75.16 U6 S53 2004
- Lesbian-woman by Del Martin & Phyllis Lyon - Stacks HQ 76.3 U5 M37
- Gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgender civil rights: a public policy agenda for uniting a divided America edited by Wallace Swan - Stacks HQ 76.8.U5 G38 2015
- Gay and lesbian rights in the United States: a documentary history edited by Walter L. Williams and Yolanda Retter - Stacks HQ 76.8.U5 G37 2003