- -Building Open
- Students: 24 hours with keycard
- Faculty/Staff: 24 hours with keycard
- Public/Guests: Monday - Friday 8am - 6pm, Closed Weekends
- -Daily Symptom Survey: Required for employees including student employees
- -Vaccines and Booster: Required for all (unless approved exemption)
- -Face Coverings Indoors: Strongly Recommended
- -Face Coverings Outdoors in Crowded Spaces: Strongly Recommended
- -Testing: available on a voluntary basis for UC Davis students and employees
Campus Safety Guidelines
The UC Davis campus has guidelines in place to keep our community safe. For the most up-to-date information on health and safety requirements, please visit the following:
- UC Davis Public Health Policies & Requirements: https://campusready.ucdavis.edu/public-health-policies-requirements
- UC Davis Campus Ready website: https://campusready.ucdavis.edu/
All UC Davis students, staff and faculty must comply with the vaccination policy established by the UC Office of the President. Specifically:
- Log on to https://hem.ucdavis.edu to upload your vaccine information and related forms.
- Employees, including student employees, need to complete the Daily Symptom Survey.
- Monitor your symptoms, stay home if you are sick, and report positive cases.
King Hall-Specific Information
The King Hall community is a vibrant, thriving and supportive learning community. We look out for each other and take the health and safety of our community members very seriously. The following frequently asked questions provide guidance for current operations under COVID-19 protocols:
The leadership team at the law school has been working with campus and health officials since early 2020 to develop and implement health and safety protocols. For Fall 2021, these will include:
- In conjunction with campus officials:
- UCOP Vaccine Policy enforcement
- Contact tracing upon reporting of COVID-19 case in our community
- Enhanced cleaning of the King Hall building
- Upgraded and monitored air filtration systems
- King Hall closed to general public
- Employee time-off for and encouragement of regular COVID testing
- Increased support for students who must miss classes
- Faculty options for temporary remote instruction if needed
Overview: All employees, including student employees, entering the building must complete the daily symptom survey and be fully vaccinated, unless an exemption has been granted. Please follow all signage in the building. Masks are strongly recommended indoors.
For more information please review the information here.
For questions about events at the law school, please contact Onell Berrios.
With limited exceptions, food and drink should be consumed outside the law school building whenever possible. Students may eat and drink within the Student Lounge at any time. Faculty and staff members may eat and drink in their individual cubicles and offices, employee breakrooms, and the faculty lounge. We have increased outdoor seating capacity at King Hall and encourage the use of the arboretum and other designated areas on campus for eating and drinking.
May King Hall events in classrooms have food?
Yes. Events may offer food. For now, however, we ask that food provided for events be distributed in a location away from a classroom. For example, once an event is finished, guests could go to the courtyard, pick up a lunch, and eat outside.
This year, UC Davis Law is holding live, in-person events at King Hall.
We are hosting compelling speakers throughout 2022-23 including the UC Davis Law Racial Justice Speaker Series, endowed lectures and symposia. We are presenting both in-person and remote events throughout the year.
Please keep the following in mind as you plan for attending events:
- Events are open to UC Davis Law faculty, students, staff and the public.
- Face coverings are strongly recommended. More information is available about campus face covering policies at the UC Davis Campus Ready site.
- Digital access via Zoom live-stream will be available as indicated for signature events for those who cannot join an in-person event.
UC Davis Law will continue to work with the campus to closely review public health recommendations and update our event guidelines as needed. We are following COVID-19 protocols to ensure a safe experience for all.
Please contact Events and Facility Manager Onell Berrios with questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Circumstances surrounding health and safety policies can change very quickly and our information is evolving. For more information, please contact Senior Assistant Dean Brett Burns or Senior Assistant Dean Emily Scivoletto.