COVID-19: Information for the UC Davis Law Community
In addition to updates provided by the Law School leadership and departments, UC Davis Campus also provides information and updates to the community through the following links: Campus Information | Campus Updates
Students in need of assistance during this time can contact Sr. Assistant Dean Emily Scivoletto at firstname.lastname@example.org who can direct students to appropriate resources. In addition, the following resource list has been provided by the law school, the UC Davis campus, and contributing student colleagues.
- UC Davis campus information on the coronavirus
- UC Davis Student Health and Counseling Services
- AggieCompass – weekly assistance with food needs
- King Hall Emergency Fund
Student suggested resources:
- Center for Workers' Rights' & Sacramento Labor Council
- Unioncounsel.net re: COVID-19 rights
- National Jurist – Coronavirus Survival Guide
Support for Impacted Communities
- Asian Pacific American Systemwide Alliance (APASA) at UC Davis
- UC Davis – Incidents of Hate and Bias Reporting
- Addressing Xenophobia and Supporting Asian & Asian American Communities - Resource List
Have a resource to suggest? Email Dean Scivoletto at email@example.com.
IT Operating Status
Following guidance from the campus regarding COVID-19 response:
- We are open and available to assist you during our normal business hours, Monday - Friday from 8:30AM - 5:00PM. Call 530-752-6678 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Most King Hall IT staff will be working remotely and focusing on providing teaching resources and remote support.
- Our desktop support locations will not be staffed.
- Our main service desk location in 400 Mrak Hall Drive, 1270 King Hall will not be staffed.
- The fastest way to get immediate support is to email email@example.com or call us at 530-752-6678.
- As needed, we will schedule appointments for remote desktop support.
- We will provide remote support for personally owned computers in support of enabling remote work (for student workers), such as assisting with VPN client installation, remote access to work resources, installing software (that we are allowed to install under our licensing agreements), etc.
- While we can provide limited consulting support for home network troubleshooting, we encourage you to contact your ISP for these kinds of issues
Resources for Remote Classes
- “Zoom” class meetings: Most professors are using our Zoom online class system, but not all. Check announcements from your professor to see how they are handling this. A few are recording lectures in advance and posting them on Canvas.
- Students may join their Zoom classes from their own computer at the same time as their regularly scheduled class through the UC Davis Law Zoom online conferencing system. These Zoom classes are listed on our Intranet. Please CLICK HERE to access your Zoom online links, full instructions and tutorials.
- We encourage students to attend during their regularly scheduled time as some classes will be recorded, but not all. Also, there will be a delay in posting the available material online by at least a day or two.
- Here is a quick 6-minute video tutorial on how to access your zoom classroom and use basic zoom features attached: Zoom Tutorial
For Student Workers at the Law School
- VPN for Remote Access to Campus IT Resources
- Box to Access Files from Anywhere and Collaborate with Anyone
- Slack to Collaborate in Real Time
- OneDrive file sharing and collaboration (for those with current versions of MS Office)
If you need the FULL version of Microsoft Office on a personally owned computer, all UC Davis faculty, staff, and students are eligible to download and install it from:
- On that page, click the Install Office button in the upper right corner, then click Office 365 apps. This will initiate a download of the Office installer that you can then run to install Office on your personally owned computer.
- IT Support is available for Examplify issues by phone, email and Zoom. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 530-752-6678 to schedule an appointment.
- Examplify Install instructions video
- Please visit Examsoft to Access the Student Portal - we suggest testing out Examplify on your device prior to your scheduled final exam.