Vinson & Elkins’ 1L Diversity Fellows
Application Period: December 1, 2017
Deadline: January 19, 2018
Vinson & Elkins’ 1L Diversity Fellows receive $10,000 (in two $5,000 installments), and each awarded student is required to clerk as a Summer Associate in one of our U.S. offices (Austin, Dallas, Houston, San Francisco, or Washington) the summer following his/her first year of law school. The first installment of $5,000 will be paid at the end of the first year of law school, and the second installment of $5,000 is conditioned on receiving and accepting a return summer associate offer.
- To be eligible for a Vinson & Elkins Diversity Fellowship, first-year law students must attend and be in good standing at an American Bar Association accredited law school.
- Eligible students must be an LGBTQ individual or a member of a racial/ethnic group which has been historically underrepresented in the legal profession (i.e., Asian (including South Asian), American Indian/Alaskan Native, Black/African American, Hispanic/Latino/a, Multiracial, or Native Hawaiian or other Pacific Islander)
- Have a strong undergraduate and law school record
- Possess excellent writing skills
- Demonstrate interest in working in a law firm setting
- Completed online application.
- Current resume
- Current official or unofficial law school transcript
- A brief statement (500 words or less) discussing interest in Vinson & Elkins, describing how your unique experiences will contribute to our practice of law.
A selection panel will evaluate all completed applications, conduct interviews, and announce Fellowship recipients in February.
Award: Fellows receive $10,000 (in two $5,000 installments), and each awarded student is required to clerk as a Summer Associate in one of our U.S. offices