Vietnamese American Bar Association of Northern California Scholarship
Deadline: Thursday, June 1, 2017 [2018 information not currently available]
Through its annual scholarship, VABANC recognizes students who have demonstrated a commitment to serving the needs of the Vietnamese-American community. Open to all law students, the scholarship is intended to assist recipients who are in pursuit of public interest or social justice goals. Priority will be given to those who have demonstrated a commitment to serving the Vietnamese-American community in Northern California and to those who will be using the scholarship award to further their public interest or social justice work, either by pursuing post-graduate work or for a summer position.
1) A completed application form; 2) a résumé; 3) a personal statement (no more than 800 words) describing:
• Pressing concerns faced by the Vietnamese-American community, and how you will contribute to or engage in addressing such concerns; and/or
• Your contributions to or activism within the Vietnamese-American community; and/or
• If you were a board member, what contributions can you bring to VABANC; and/or
• Your experiences in overcoming socioeconomic and/or other barriers.