Tonkon Torp 1L Diversity Fellowship – Portland
Application Period: December 1, 2016 to
Deadline: January 22, 2016 [2017 information not currently available]
We offer a student fellowship to a diverse first-year law student. The recipient will join us as a 1L Summer Associate for 10 weeks after their first year of law school. If the student returns to work with us as a 2L Summer Associate, they will receive a $7,500 academic scholarship. Following our 10-week Summer Associate program, the recipient will have a two-week paid internship in the office of General Counsel for Portland General Electric
- First-year law student in good standing for the degree of Juris Doctor at an ABA accredited law school;
- Record of academic excellence in undergraduate studies and law school;
- Person of color or other diverse background who contributes meaningfully to the diversity of Tonkon Torp and the Portland legal community; and
- Commitment to practice law in Portland serving commercial clients.
- Disclosure of financial circumstances is not required, however, demonstrated financial need may be considered.
- Cover letter describing how you fit our selection criteria;
- Personal statement describing your contribution to the diversity of the legal community (1-2 pages);
- Resume including relevant legal and other work experience;
- Transcripts for all undergraduate, and graduate school studies (unofficial versions are fine); and
- First semester law school transcript (if not available by January 22, 2016 deadline, send when available).
Submit materials via e-mail to: email@example.com
Jeri Chavis, Attorney Recruiting Coordinator
Tonkon Torp LLP
888 SW Fifth Avenue, Suite 1600
Portland, OR 97204
Award: Summer associate position and $7,500 academic scholarship if return for 2L summer