Tonkon Torp 1L Diversity Fellowship – Portland
Application Period: Opens December 1
Deadline: January 12, 2018
Tonkon Torp is committed to the growth of diversity in our firm and in the local legal community. To that end, we are pleased to offer a fellowship to a first-year law student who is a person of color or a member of an underrepresented group. We offer a 10-week paid summer associate position immediately following the successful completion of the student's first year of law school. Also, if the student returns to work at Tonkon Torp for 10 weeks as a summer associate during the summer following the second year of law school, the student will receive a $7,500 academic scholarship in addition to competitive pay.
- The student must be a first-year law student in good standing for a Juris Doctor degree at an ABA accredited law school;
- The student must demonstrate a record of academic achievement that evidences great promise for a successful legal career;
- The student must contribute meaningfully to the diversity of the legal community; and
- The student must demonstrate a commitment to practice law in Portland, Oregon following graduation from law school.
- Cover Letter (if you will be in the Portland area during the application window, please include those dates in your
- Personal statement describing your contribution to the diversity of the legal community (1-2 pages)
- Transcripts for all undergraduate and graduate school studies (unofficial versions are fine)
- First semester law school transcript
- Writing sample unedited by others (2-5 pages)
Application materials must be uploaded in PDF format.
Award: Summer associate position and $7,500 academic scholarship if return for 2L summer