Latham & Watkins 2L Diversity Scholars Program
Deadline: July 18, 2018 at 5:00pm (PT)
To be eligible to apply for the 2L Diversity Scholars Program, you must be enrolled in an ABA-accredited law school and seek to practice law in one of Latham’s US offices. You must have successfully completed your first year of a full-time JD program by the application deadline, with an expected graduation date of spring 2019. You must not be the recipient of a similar scholarship award from another law firm.
The application process is open to all rising second-year law students (class of 2019) enrolled in an ABA-accredited law school, regardless of race, color, religion, citizenship, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, military service, disability or any other characteristic or condition protected by applicable law.
A selection panel consisting of Latham attorneys will evaluate all applications, considering the factors below:
- Demonstrated commitment to promoting inclusion and diversity in the legal profession
- Academic and leadership achievements
- Obstacles, challenges or other factors (financial or otherwise) encountered in advancing career objectives
- Life experiences that have shaped values and professional goals
- Long-term interest in practicing law in one of our US offices
A complete application package must include the following items:
- Completed online application
- Unofficial or official law school transcript
- Personal statement explaining your commitment to diversity and inclusion (500 to 1,000 words)
Award: $25,000 and a summer employment opportunity