Cooley Diversity Fellowship
Application Period: December 1, 2015 to January 4, 2016
Deadline: January 4, 2016
As part of Cooley's ongoing commitment to diversity and inclusion, we are proud to offer Diversity Fellowships to outstanding first year law school students. Award recipients will receive a paid 1L Summer Associate position and an award of up to $30,000 to assist with law school tuition. The award will be paid in three installments: $10,000 upon completion of the 1L summer with the firm; $10,000 upon completion of the 2L summer with the firm; and the remaining $10,000 upon joining the firm as a full-time associate. Students who demonstrate a commitment to promoting diversity and inclusion are encouraged to apply.
Fellows will be selected based on consideration of the following factors:
- Demonstrated commitment to promoting diversity and inclusion
- Undergraduate and law school academic performance achievement
- Personal achievement
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- Community service
Applications must be submitted online and should include:
- A complete and accurate online application
- A personal statement no more than one single-spaced page in length, demonstrating the achievement of the selection criteria for the Diversity Fellowship
- Current resume
- Undergraduate transcript
- Graduate program transcript(s), if applicable
- Law school transcript (following the receipt of first term grades)
For 1L students in the 2014–2015 academic year, applications must be received by January 5, 2015. Upon receipt of first term law school grades, please send a copy of your law school transcript to firstname.lastname@example.org. Selected applicants will be contacted on a rolling basis to arrange for personal interviews.
Award: Award recipients will receive a paid 1L Summer Associate position and an award of up to $30,000 to assist with law school tuition.