California Bar Foundation – 2014 Diversity Scholarship
Deadline: June 4, 2014 at 4:30pm
- Candidate must be:
- Accepted and committed to matriculating in a California law school at the time of submitting an Application, and
- Starting his or her first year at a California law school in the 2014-15 academic year.
- Candidate must self-identify as being from a racial or ethnic group historically underrepresented in the legal profession.
- Candidate must demonstrate financial need, as shown by financial aid eligibility and outstanding educational debt.
- Candidate must demonstrate a commitment to making an impact through community leadership (there is no requirement Candidate intends to pursue a career in public interest).
- Candidate must submit two current signed letters of recommendation (letters may be copies of letters submitted with Candidate's law school applications). If possible, at least one letter should address Candidate's leadership qualities and/or community involvement.
- Candidates are not nominated by their law school and should send application materials directly to the Foundation by the Application Deadline.
- Candidates from online law schools must be California residents.
- Candidate must intend to practice law in California after graduation from law school.
- Students in LLM programs are not eligible.
Award: up to $7,500