Arent Fox LLP 2L Diversity Scholarship Program
Application Period: July 15, 2016 to September 15, 2016
Deadline: September 15, 2016 11:59 pm local time
Starting this year, we will open the scholarship to second-year law students and increase the award from $15,000 to $20,000. Each year, the firm provides three minority law students with a Diversity Scholarship and a position in the firm's summer associate program. Since its conception in 2006, the firm has awarded 31 scholarships and recognized 40 finalists from across the country.
- Second-year law student, in good standing, at an ABA-accredited law school in the US
- Scheduled to graduate in 2018
- Excellent college and law school academic performance
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership qualities, work experience, community involvement, and ability to overcome obstacles
- Authorized to work in the US
- Member of a diverse population that historically has been underrepresented in the legal profession
- Must join the 2017 Arent Fox Summer Program
- Have a strong interest in joining the Firm as an associate after law school graduatio
The firm will award three second-year law students in our Washington, New York, and Los Angeles offices with the following:
- Scholarship of $20,000
- Salaried position in the 2017 Summer Program (10 weeks)
- Completed electronic Diversity Scholarship
- Application (you can only apply to one office)
- Personal Essay (one page single or double spaced): How will you be Smart in Arent Fox’s World?
- Undergraduate transcript (unofficial is accepted)
- Law School transcript
- Legal Writing Sample (5–10 pages, single or double spaced): Must be exclusively your own work. The sample may be from your legal writing course in law school.
- Contact information of three (3) professional or academic references. (Letters of recommendation are optional.)
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Award: $20,000 and a salaried summer associate position