Arent Fox LLP Diversity Scholarship Program
Application Period: December 1, 2015 to January 20, 2016
Deadline: January 20, 2016 11:59 p.m. local time
- First-year law student, in good standing, at an ABA-accredited law school in the U.S.
- Scheduled to graduate in 2018
- Excellent college and law school academic performance
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership qualities, work experience, and community involvement
- Authorized to work in the U.S.
- Member of a diverse population that historically has been underrepresented in the legal profession
- Must join the 2016 Arent Fox Summer Program after their first year of law school
- Have a strong interest in joining the Firm as an associate after law school graduation
The firm will award three first-year law students in our Washington, New York, and Los Angeles offices with the following:
- Scholarship of $15,000
- Position in the 2016 Summer Program
- Opportunity to attend the “Leadership Council on Legal Diversity” Conference for 1L Scholars in Chicago, IL
Arent Fox’s 2016 Summer Program will last for 10 weeks; from May 23 through July 29, 2016. The summer associate salary is $3,000 per week, and the scholarship recipient will receive the $15,000 award in July 2016. All scholarship recipients are expected to participate in the 2016 Summer Program, as well as attend the “Leadership Council on Legal Diversity” Conference for 1L Scholars in Chicago, IL.
Award: Summer associate salary of $3,000/week and a $15,000 award in July 2016