American Intellectual Property Law Education Foundation - Sidney B. Williams, Jr. Scholarships
Deadline: March 15, 2019
- Completed scholarship application (online) form.
- FAFSA form (or similar form) and any supporting documentation required thereby. The FAFSA is available in paper and electronic formats. You can get the paper version from the financial aid office at any college or university, the public library, or by calling 1-800-4-FED-AID. If you prefer, you can fill out a web-based version of the FAFSA at http://www.fafsa.ed.gov (step-by-step instructions are provided on this site).
- Undergraduate transcript and graduate and law transcripts (if applicable).
- Two letters of recommendation from, but not limited to, former teachers, college administrators, community leaders or other similar persons concerning the academic ability, character, reputation or professional aptitude of the applicant.
- Membership in an underrepresented minority group.
- Currently enrolled in or have been accepted to an ABA accredited law school. The devotion of the law school to intellectual property curricula shall not be considered in awarding scholarships.
- Demonstrated intent to engage in the full-time practice of intellectual property law.
- US citizenship.
- A personal or telephonic interview.
- Note that any student who receives a scholarship is required to attend law school, day or evening, on a either a full-time or part-time enrollment basis, and to maintain a grade point average of “C” (2.00) or better.
- Also note that scholarship recipients are required to join and maintain membership in AIPLA.
- Applicants related to a trustee of AIPLEF, a council member of the ABA-IPL Section, Officer or member of the Board of Directors of the AIPLA, or a member of the AIPLEF Scholarship Committee are ineligible to receive a scholarship.
- Applicants resume.
Award: is for $10,000 per school year (two semesters, excluding summer school semesters and intersession)