American Association for Justice (AAJ) Richard D. Hailey Law Student Scholarships
Deadline: May 1, 2019
AAJ’s Minority Caucus will award a $5,000 scholarship to a minority Law Student member who is entering his/her first, second, or third year of law school. The winner will be provided travel and accommodations to attend the AAJ Annual Convention in Denver, Colorado.
The scholarship will be awarded to the applicant who best:
- Exhibits an interest and proficiency of skills in trial advocacy
- Expresses a desire to represent those who have been injured by the negligence or misconduct of others
- Promotes accountability and safety
- Demonstrates a commitment to AAJ and dedication to its mission through involvement in an AAJ student chapter and Minority Caucus activities
- Shows a financial need for the scholarship
Applications must include the following:
- A resumé
- A 500-word essay on how you meet the criteria
- Up to three (3) recommendations from a faculty adviser, trial advocacy professor, dean, AAJ member, or trial lawyer; and
- A completed form verifying your student status. Download the form .