Staff Appreciation Lunch 2016
Posted By Kevin R. Johnson, Jul 22, 2016
We had our Annual Staff Appreciation Lunch yesterday. It's a law school event that I always look forward to.
The School of Law truly could not operate without its first-rate staff, and it is nice to celebrate our staff's contributions to King Hall community. Needless to say, we could not have become a world-class law school in 50 years without the hard work and support of our dedicated staff.
Faculty and staff enjoyed lunch in a sunny King Hall courtyard. I acknowledged the new and departing staff.
This year, 11 new staff members joined the King Hall community:
- Sara Jackson, Director of Externships
- Shannon Kahn, Associate Director of Career Services
- Samantha Wright, Admissions and Financial Aid Assistant
- Joe Schneider, Director of Admission and Outreach
- Lisa Harry, Human Resources Analyst
- Starla Bennett, my Executive Assistant
- James Astorga, Legal Fellow for UC Davis Immigration Law Clinic
- Desiree Fairly & David Gomez, Legal Fellows UC Undocumented Legal Services Center
- Jessica Schroeder, Legal Fellow, California Environmental Law & Policy Center
- Heather Zimmerman, Legal Fellow – Judicial Law Clerk.
We had two departures this academic year. Peggy Burris retired from Career Services after 10 years at the University. Kathleen Harbaugh retired as my Executive Assistant after 15 years at UC Davis. I want thank them for their years of dedicated service.
The staff are much appreciated. I hope that they are proud, as I am, to be a part of UC Davis School of Law. Thank you, King Hall staff, for everything you do all year long to help us achieve excellence!